Regional Finance Manager Africa
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers operating in 190 countries. The RCRC Movement’s mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. The international engagement of NorCross is based on and guided by humanitarian needs and the humanitarian imperative aiming at achieving humanitarian objectives. Internationally, NorCross operates exclusively inside the framework of the RCRC Movement and has established regional and country offices to ensure decentralized decision-making and proximity to partners and projects.
In Africa, NorCross aims to improve the health of vulnerable people and reduce excess morbidity and mortality in contexts affected by conflict and protracted crisis in the Sahel and Horn of Africa.
NorCross will contribute to build capacity of National Societies as well as supporting their programs in health in emergency. Further we aim to support National Societies health care delivery especially where the concerned governments are not able to fulfil the needs – always focusing on synergies together with other community-based programs.
Further NorCross aims to improve the regional emergency preparedness, early warning and response systems related to epidemic outbreaks, forced displacement and acute drought.
NorCross will also aim to strengthen the effectiveness of financial management and the quality of programme design and management of its National Society partners.
The Regional Finance Manager is the senior financial professional in the region whose purpose is to ensure financial management in line with Norwegian Red Cross rules and regulations, and contractual obligations.
The overall responsibility as Regional Finance Manager
- Coordinate the annual budgeting and reporting processes in the Africa region, in line with established rules and regulations.
- Ensure internal control and financial risk management at regional and country levels, including oversight of mitigating actions and management of suspected and confirmed cases of fraud and corruption.
We seek a person who;
- is a self-starter, makes things happen and is result oriented
- communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- collaborates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- builds a useful network of contacts and relationship and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- provides team with a clear sense of direction, inspires and co-ordinates others and keeps them focused on objectives
- Makes an impact; convinces and persuades others; promotes plans and ideas successfully
- Relevant university degree such as Chartered Auditor, Business Administration or Finance Degree, Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
Experience and proven skills with:
- managing international finance teams, including remote support.
- financial planning and budget analysis.
- conducting FD assessments and activities.
- training and coaching.
- managing risk management, and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality.
- relevant accounting concepts, International Financial Reporting Standards or equivalent.
- strategic thinking and understanding of “big picture” aspects in an organization.
- internal control and treasury management concepts.
- change management.
- Fluency in English. Working proficiency of French is an asset.
- International driving licence (manual gear) is required
Regional Representative Africa, based in Nairobi, Kenya
Position is based in:
Nairobi, Kenya – family post
24 months’ contract, with possibility of extension
To apply for this job please visit candidate.hr-manager.net.