Population Services International (PSI)
Position Title: Partnership Advisor
Department/Program: Adolescent/Youth Family Planning
Reports to: Communication and Partnership Senior Manager
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/E staff benefits
Application Deadline: Dec 18th, 2018
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motley group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia is an innovative network member of PSI with a team of more than 220 people passionate about marketing and dedicated to serving Sara! Since 2003, we have marketed products and led programs to prevent HIV, improve reproductive health including access to modern contraception for the 15-19 years old adolescents, and improve child health. We market condoms and increase condom use among people most at risk of HIV. We increase access to clean water by selling Wuha Agar, a water disinfectant. At PSI/Ethiopia we do more than simply provide products and services, we seek to create true change by making markets work for the poor to increase the use of critical health products and services that are available, affordable, and desirable to the most vulnerable Ethiopian people.
We design solution with and for SARA using Human Centered Design and put our end users at the center.
We are looking for a proactive Partnership Advisor to facilitate the scale-up of Smart Start (a package of solutions designed with and for adolescent modern contraception through a human-centered tailored design process) by fostering strategic and working partnership. The coordinator will cultivate both spontaneous and planned partnership initiatives with different stakeholders notably Ministry of Health; Regional Health Bureaus; Ministry of Women, Youth and Children’s Affairs; like-minded peer organizations, the private sector and other emerging actors that will support the smart start scale up, institutionalization and sustainability. The specialist will also support the Family Planning section of PSI/Ethiopia.
Under the supervision of the Communication and Partnership Advisor, the partnership specialist will be responsible to negotiate and conclude partnership agreements (e.g. MOUs); follow on the partnership deliverables; explore opportunities on new partnerships and represent PSI/Ethiopia at different partnership platforms among others.
Sounds like you? Read on!
You will work under the supervision of the Communication and Partnership Advisor. More specifically, you will BE;
- Responsible for partnership related activities of the Family Planning department in general and Smart Start program.
- Facilitate the implementation of RISE (Roadmap to Integrate Smart Start in Ethiopia) by closely working with the policy advocacy and institutionalization manager to particularly by managing the partner organizations involved.
- Represent PSI/Ethiopia in different strategic meetings both to manage existing partnership and initiate new partnerships.
- Negotiate, consolidate and manage different partnership agreements in programmatically, ethically and legally sensible manner.
- Facilitate exchange of knowledge, skill set, expertise and experience between PSI/Ethiopia and the partner organizations.
- Perform any other related activities as required by immediate supervisor.
Your background, the basics
- BSC in Public Health, SRH, population studies or related field.
- 6 years of experience in relevant work.
What would get us excited?
- Experience in working with different organizations including government, NGOs, donors.
- Experience in working with private sector is also an asset.
- Able to work within a very innovative and dynamic type of program.
- Computer application skills.
- Experience in partnership management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and other local languages.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% time away from head office.
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver in time under stressful situation without compromising quality.
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
- Please fill out the application form using the following Online Application Form which will take 10 to 20 minutes. Online Application Form.
- After completing the online application then send us your CV and application letter directly through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clearly mark in the subject line “Application for Partnership Advisory position”
- If you successfully make your application, you will receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application. If not check again your subject line.
- We will call or e-mail you back if you qualify the requirements above.
- Application deadline: Dec 18th 2018.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.