ECHO is a Christian non-profit organization that equips small-scale farmers, missionaries, and development workers worldwide to combat hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. ECHO actively investigates, teaches, and promotes solutions to agricultural challenges and seeks innovative ways to grow food in difficult conditions.
ECHO is currently seeking the next four interns to start the ECHO Internship program:
- Two interns starting January, 2019 (Lowlands, Urban Garden), and
- Two interns starting April, 2019 (Mountain, Monsoon)
This application will close on August 1, 2018.
The ECHO Agricultural Internship Internship program provides an opportunity for professional and personal development for individuals wanting to be equipped to live out their faith commitments through a career in international agriculture development. The Internship Program focuses on hands-on training along with seminars and field trips in tropical agriculture, community development and appropriate technologies for those interested in working in developing countries. Interns learn at our ECHO Global Farm in southwest Florida for 14 months and then have the opportunity to participate in a 6-month field experience at one of ECHO’s Regional Impact Centers. Currently, ECHO offers eight internship positions each year with two interns arriving each quarter: seven agriculture internship positions and one appropriate technology internship position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally work with agrochemicals after completing the required pesticide safety training. The work environment is mostly outdoors under varying conditions for extended periods; however, there are times when work occurs in an office setting. Outside conditions may include inclement weather, heat and humidity levels normal to Southwest Florida.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing. This position occasionally lifts and carries heavy objects, and performs strenuous physical labor on a farm. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Required Documents for a Complete Application
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts (Unofficial transcripts accepted- please send electronic copies if possible)
- Four References (1. Professor/Academic, 2. Employer/Supervisor, 3. Pastor/Spiritual Mentor, 4. Friend/Colleague. For each reference, please be prepared to provide list the name, email, and relationship. Please do not use family members as references.)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- U.S. Citizen or hold U.S. work permit (We are not currently able to assist in the visa process)
- Valid passport
- Desire to live-out a professed belief in Jesus by serving all persons in developing countries
- Ability to engage in moderate physical activity
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.